Sunday 21 February 2010

Leading recruitment leaders should blog our way to recovery!

I attended the Recruitment Unconference last week and it is like nothing I have seen since the days of First Tuesday back in 1999/2000. Its totally different and not for everyone but there are loads of take aways for me to share over time.

It was amazing the people that Bill Boorman had brought into one place in the UK, I am sure over half the people there were from overseas, including Jim Stroud, Peter Gold, Rayanne Thorn, Matt Alder, Alan Headworth and Laurie Reuttman and many many others famous on line who I had never heard of

It was full of converts and highly committed people who have made Social Media work for them and therefore are full of the biggest and best ideas and things that we should all be doing.

For me it was hard as I play in a different world that anyone else there (maybe 2 other real recruiters from UK companies there). The bridge from this conference to talking you MD or Ops directors into spending money is too far at the moment. There is no ROI and it is a new toy for the Marketing department or a reason to give Social Consultants some money.

HOWEVER - every consultancy who thinks that they are leaders in their niche need to prove it by BLOGGING about it and showing why the are what they claim to be!


No comments: