Thursday 3 December 2009

Return On Time Employed in Social Networks

I attended and presented at the launch of the new iProfile search tool where I was talking about the Social Media in Recruitment. Whilst time was short I was only able to touch a litte on many areas there were a couple of themes I thought worth expanding upon.

Which Social networks are worth the effort? [I mean only for being used as a candidate sourcing pool not about which you enjoy to be part of] And how do you measure this? I suggest two methods
- Data quality - what is the data you can see that are added to these sites (ie Twitter very low quality and LinkedIn is high)
- Search ability - what tools do you have to search the data on the site (ie Facebook very poor and LinkedIn is high and getting higher)

The combination of these two then allow for you to get a feel for where resourcer's could spend their time more effectively this increasing their Return On Time Employed (ROTE).

Now how do you measure it and what is good and what is too low?

No comments: