Tuesday 25 January 2011

Blogging is hard!



I have complete respect to those who can manage their time to blog on a regular basis. For me it is like my golf I love it when I do it and I miss it when I am writing, however I know it is going to take a chunk of time to do it properly and (like my golf) if I am going to do it I want to be good at it!

So for the next 3 months I am going to be back on it and do it on a Tuesday and a Friday and keep what I write to less than 600 words and try to make it worth while to read for those of you who own a recruitment business and know you need IT but don't want to get too involved in it.

I will try and answer some of the standard statements and questions I face when I am meeting recruitment business owners:-
- My IT should just work all the time!
- IT should make me more money like the sales guy said!
- Why does it cost me so much?
- How do I compare with others?
- Which of the new products should I have?
- How do I train my people to use my systems at all or better?

So for the next 3 months I will write, comment, explain and tease about how IT should work in recruitment and at the end I will judge by the comments on my posts if anyone cares about my blogs and whether it is worth the effort.

1 comment:

Ste said...

Raymond,

What happened to the Tuesday/Friday updates?

Dissapointed you haven't managed your users expectations!

In the words of Delia... "Let's be having you"

Steve